CSCI 6268 -- Foundations of Computer and Network Security
- Welcome to CSCI 6268. You will find various announcements made here
on the course web page. Please check back once in a while to keep up-to-date.
To find out more about the course, read the info sheet.
- This course is crosslisted as TLEN 5831, however we'll be using CSCI 6268
mostly through the course. Do not worry if you are a telecomm student; this
is the correct Network Security course page for you as well.
- Lectures are available online via
- Changing Weds OH: now 2:30-3:20pm instead of 4-4:50pm.
- No OH, 9/14, 9/15, 9/21, due to family emergency. Please use email
or work with me to schedule a time we can meet.
- John Black -
ECOT 627 - Wednesdays 2:30-3:20pm; Thursdays 9:30-10:20am (email: email@example.com)
Syllabus, Readings, and General Information
- Course information sheet - You are responsible
for everything on this
- A rough/tentative schedule for the course.
- I sometimes have slides available in advance.
(I reserve the right to change them without notice at the last minute!!)
- I will sometimes post the histograms for quizzes
Homework and Projects
- Assignment #0: Sign up for the class mailing list. (Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "subscribe csci-6268 Your Name" in the message body.)
- (Out: 8/30/05; Due: 9/6/05)
- Assignment #1: Sign the disclaimer for this class.
- Challenge Problem #1 - (Out: 8/30/05; Due: 9/22/05)
- Challenge Problem #2 - (Out: 10/11/05; Due: 10/27/05)
- Project #0 - (Out: 10/6/05; Due: 10/18/05) - Ciphertext for project #0
- Project #1 - (Out: 10/20/05; Due: 11/03/05)
- Project #2 - (Out: 11/03/05; Due: 11/29/05)
- Project #3 - (Out: 11/10/05; Due: 12/08/05)
- If you have a complaint about the grading of a homework or exam,
please use the grievance procedure.
Feedback from the Students