- NSF. CSR: Small: Efficient and Scalable Systems Support for Mobile
Group Formation, Inference, Recommendation and Classification.
$500,000. 10/1/2015 - 9/30/2018.
Richard Han (PI) and Qin Lv, Shivakant Mishra (Co-PIs).
- NSF. CyberSEES: Type 2: Collaborative Research: Connecting
Next-generation Air Pollution Exposure Measurements to
Environmentally Sustainable Communities. $845,936.
9/1/14 - 8/31/18. Qin Lv, Robert Dick (PIs) and
Michael Hannigan, Daven Henzle, Li Shang (Co-PIs).
- NSF. DMREF/Collaborative Research: Computationally Driven
Targeting of Advanced Thermoelectric Materials. $1,600,000.
9/15/2013 - 8/31/2017. Eric Toberer, Qin Lv,
Thomas Mason (PIs) and Vladan Stevanovic (Co-PI).
- NSF. BIGDATA: Small: DCM: ESCE: Condensate Database for
Efficient Anomaly Detection and Quality Assurance of
Massive Cryospheric Data. $655,718. 5/15/2013 - 4/31/2016.
Qin Lv (PI) and David Gallaher (Co-PI).
- NSF. CSR: Medium: Highly Scalable and Accurate System Support for
Detecting Misbehaving Users and Mitigating Criminal Activities in
Realtime Online Video-Based Services.
$700,000, 8/15/2012-7/31/2015. Shivakant Mishra (PI) and
Richard Han, Qin Lv (Co-PIs).
- NSF. CiC: Towards a Mobile Cloud Computing Framework to Support
Next-Generation Mobile Applications.
$370,000, 7/1/2011-6/30/2013. Richard Han (PI) and Qin Lv,
Shivakant Mishra (Co-PIs).
- NSF. CDI-Type I: Data Rods: Enabling Time-Series Analysis of Massive
Multi-Modality Cryospheric Data. $576,514. 11/1/09 - 10/31/12.
Julienne Stroeve (PI) and David Gallaher, Qin Lv (Co-PIs).
- NSF. CSR: Large: Collaborative Research: CommonSense -- A
Distributed Mobile System for Socially-Collaborative Environmental
Monitoring. $1,550,000. 9/1/09 - 8/31/14.
Li Shang, Robert Dick (PIs) and Michael Hannigan, Qin Lv (Co-PIs).
Ongoing Research Projects
- Data-Oriented Scientific Discovery
- Environmental Science: mobile air quality sensing, cyber-enabled
community sustainability analysis
- Earth Sciences: remote sensing data management, anomaly detection,
change analysis of cryospheric data
- PHEV driving behavior analysis
- Renewable Energy: wind, slolar, smart grids
- Thermoelectric materials
- Data-Oriented Ubiquitous Computing
- Mobile/wearable sensing, context-aware computing
- Social data analysis and recommendation
- CyberSafety: online and mobile video chat, cyberbullying
- Rural communitities
Previous Research Projects
- CASS: Content-Aware Search Systems
- Peer-to-peer networks
- Storage systems
- DBox: a file server on top of Boxwood
- PeerStore: distributed content-addressable storage
- Network performance monitoring and optimization
- Self-organized networks