I was asked by one of our students to publicize an internship opportunity with the company he is working for.
Who We Are: bConnected
bConnected™ is the software engineering arm of Connextions™ currently based out of Louisville, Colorado (will be moving to Broomfield/Flatirons area Fall ’11). We focus on developing software used by a number of primary health insurance companies across the United States. With new healthcare laws, we are looking for new innovative, approaches to improve healthcare services for the healthcare providers and the public via exchanges and other projects.
Check out our API documentation: http://bconnected.connextions.com/docs/api/
You can also check out our parent company: http://connextions.com/
The Area: Web Development
The development team is seeking Intern Web Developers with a strong web 2.0 expertise. You will be a key participant through all phases of the development lifecycle including design, development and delivery and should have some history in building end-user web applications.
To be successful at this position, you must be creative and possess excellent team skills while working in a fast paced, collaborative environment. This job requires you to be a self-starter, take ownership, work under pressure and manage multiple, concurrent tasks while still having fun.
- Develop high-quality, production ready and standards compliant web presentation code
- Develop code that is cross-browser, UI compatible and troubleshoot associated issues
- Participate as a member of a team developing state of the art consumer web applications
- Deliver of rich user interfaces in accordance to design specifications, user interface style guides and established usability standards
- Work with the development team to effectively integrate the presentation tier with the application and resource tiers
- Maintain cutting edge knowledge of emerging technologies, trends and standards, browser capabilities, compatibility issues, standards compliance and accessibility issues
- Completed at least 1 year of computer science or equivalent at an accredited 4-year university (Junior students desired)
- Experience translating wireframes and designs into flexible and usable code templates
- Software engineering, API and user interface skills
- Working knowledge developing cross-browser compatibility for web applications
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment and work on projects against deadlines
- Basic–advanced Unix command line knowledge
Submit Applications to:
For more information contact:
(A CU Boulder Student)