CSCI 6268 -- Foundations of Computer and Network Security
- Welcome to CSCI 6268. You will find various announcements made here
on the course web page. Please check back once in a while to keep up-to-date.
To find out more about the course, read the info sheet.
- Quiz1 is Fri, Feb 1st, in class.
- Quiz3 is Fri, Apr 26th, in class.
- Class canceled Mon, Apr 15th, due to campus closure (weather).
- Class machine is cs6268.cs.colorado.edu; ssh DSA key fingerprint is 28:f1:f1:dd:cc:65:1b:02:6d:c8:01:b9:e9:3f:06:c7.
Its RSA2 fingerprint is 70:1e:63:2d:e8:bf:79:7a:15:fc:8d:2f:3b:82:41:a6.
- John Black -
ECOT 627 - Mondays 11am-11:50am; Fridays 1:00-1:50pm (email: email@example.com)
Syllabus, Readings, and General Information
- Course information sheet - You are responsible
for everything on this
- I sometimes have slides available in advance.
(I reserve the right to change them without notice at the last minute!!
- Quick reference for gdb and the
- A nice tutorial on Memory Layout.
- -- Required Reading --
- 16 Jan: Please read the Economist article on digital security.
- 16 Jan: Read this article on DRM as well.
- 03 Apr: The GRC DDoS story.
- 08 Apr: How to 0wn paper.
- 10 Apr: Thompson's Turing Award paper.
Homework and Projects
- If you have a complaint about the grading of a homework or exam,
please use the grievance procedure.