CSCI 4830 -- Network Security
- Welcome to CSCI 4830. You will find various announcements made here
on the course web page. Please check back once in a while to keep up-to-date.
To find out more about the course, read the info sheet.
- One student in our class sent me a link about the
blaster worm and the recent arrest of a Minnesota teenager.
- Lamo was finally arrested; the dangers of hacking when over age 18.
Read the story. (Thanks to
Josh for the pointer.)
- The article by Aleph One that we're reviewing to learn about buffer
overruns can be found in the
- Results of the first student survey are posted below.
- A new CA cert was issued today, 11/04. Don't use until you have verified
the fingerprint handed out on 11/06.
- The project phase II document has been updated. (11/19/03)
- All certs are now available on the CSCI 4830 certs page.
- Final project due date pushed back to 12/09.
- John Black -
ECOT 627 - Wednesdays 5-5:50pm; Thursdays 2:30-3:30pm (email: email@example.com)
Syllabus, Readings, and General Information
- Course information sheet - You are responsible
for everything on this
- A rough/tentative schedule for the course.
- Reading list to-date: Ch 1 (just skim 1.13), Ch 2, Ch 3 (Skim IDEA and RC4
sections), Ch 4 (Skip 4.2.3, 4.2.4), RSA Handout, 6.3, 6.6, Authenticated
Encryption Article, Gibson Write-up
Homework and Projects
- If you have a complaint about the grading of a homework or exam,
please use the grievance procedure.
Feedback from the Students