Guidelines for automaton report
Format: 3-5 pages. Submit hardcopy in class on the day of the
demo, AND send a copy by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email
version should be ascii ONLY -- no attachments, .zip files, etc. If
you have diagrams, please send them in a separate message as .jpg
||Include a one-paragraph summary of what your automaton is,
what it does, and how it incorporates computation.
- Identify the mechanisms (both physical and computational)
used by your automaton.
- Describe the materials and construction techniques used to build your automaton. Include a description of any prototypes built.
- Elaborate a little about your design process -- How did
you arrive at your idea? How did you implement and revise your design?
What obstacles did you run into and how did you overcome them?
- What, if anything, might someone learn from your automaton?
- How easy is it for someone to pick up your automaton and figure out
how it works?
- Can you compare your automaton to any similar objects
(maybe objects with a similar mechanism; or designed
to illustrate the same principles...)?
- Is your automaton intended to evoke any sort of affective
response? If so, how well do you think it succeeded?